Surthrival Pine Pollen Tincture – My Thoughts
Surthrival Pine Pollen Tincture
To me, the pine pollen tincture is one of the most intriguing herbal medicines in all of herbalism. When you think of herbal remedies, you think of a garlic preparation to cure your cold. You think of a valerian root tincture to help you sleep at night. But what you don’t think of, is a pine pollen tincture to put on muscle mass, make you horny and increase you mental drive.
What is Pine Pollen?
Pine Pollen, in my opinion, is the single most anabolic (building lean tissues such as connective tissue, vital organs, muscle and bone) food yet discovered on Earth. When you think of an anabolic food, you think of a food that builds youth and vitality. You think of a food that can actually reverse aging, after all the opposite of anabolism is catabolism, or the breakdown of tissues. Sounds a lot like getting “old”, does it not? How can Pine Pollen deliver such nourishing and health building energy to you? The answer lies in its complete and extremely powerful whole matrix of life.
Allow me to explain Pine Pollens whole food matrix..
Pine pollen contains,
1. Over twenty different amino acids! This includes all eight essential amino acids. Yes, Pine Pollen is a complete protein just like meat. Take note vegans!
2. Full spectrum of food source vitamins- Vitamin A (carotenoids), Vitamin B1, B2, B3, Folic Acid, B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Vitamin E among others..
3. Full spectrum of food source minerals- Calcium, Copper, Iron, Manganese, Magnesium, Molybdenum, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Silica, Sodium and Zinc!
4. Bio-identical Hormones- Pine Pollen is the highest plant source of bio-identical testosterone! Also contains high levels of bio-identical androstenedione, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and androsterone among other youth building androgenic hormones. Ladies, these hormones will provide you amazing health benefits too! To briefly summarize the huge benefits of these hormones..
- Get lean naturally- These androgens are the same hormones your own body makes when it wants to decrease body fat and increase lean tissue growth.
- Be happy and motivated- Testosterone is mood elevating and is responsible for that get up and go feeling that you get when your morning testosterone levels spike. (Unless you have unhealthy low testosterone levels.)
- Other notable effects include bone density, muscle strength and mass, red blood cell production, sex drive and sperm production in men.
5. Various medicinal and tonifying phytochemicals such as- methylsulfonylmethane or MSM (Amazing for your skin and joints!), superoxide dismutase or SOD (the most powerful antioxidant found in the human body), polysaccharides (literally build and grow your immune system by feeding your white blood cell factory known as your bone marrow), flavanoids (flavanoids are what make green tea the health tonic that it is), Enzymes and nucleic acid (building blocks of our DNA! I did say superfood right?)
If you have read the above material you may have come to the realization that Pine Pollen is THE FOOD for athletes of all kinds. If you are a bodybuilder, there is absolutely nothing more powerful for building lean tissue. This complete protein food that is loaded with tissue building hormones is amazing in its ability to regenerate tissues in the body that have been broken down through high stress training, or simply a high stress lifestyle.
Science Has Done a Good Amount of Exploration Into Pine Pollens Health Benefits – Does Science Approve?
To list just a couple studies that have been done on the protective effects of Pine Pollen in the body..
-A study on Pine Pollens Anti-Aging effects in the journal of Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity showed that Pine Pollen is one of the very few foods that will prevent the formation of advanced glycation endproducts, or AGEs, in the body. (AGEs are the IRREVERSIBLE bonding of the glucose in your body to your proteins and DNA. This boding of glucose “gums up” your genetic coding and alters its function. Glycation is known as a top cause of aging.)
-Another study listed on PubMed shows that Pine Pollen raises the levels of Superoxide Dismutase in vivo when consumed. This is a novel effect of the most powerful superfoods on the planet. (Superoxide Dismutase is THE master antioxidant in the body and as a result, the most powerful antioxidant in the body.)
How Can a Pollen be Such a Powerful Food?
To answer this question we should ask ourselves what is Pine Pollen? Pine Pollen is actually the sperm of the pine tree! The pollen of the male pine tree is THE MOST valuable part of itself. It is after all, where the future of its species lies (in the large amounts of RNA and DNA that are packed into the pollen). It takes great amounts of energy for the pine to produce its pollen. Each individual pollen cell is alive when released into the perils of our atmosphere (just like us!). To insure that the genetic material, or life force, of each pollen cell survives, the pine tree packs as much antioxidants and nutrition into the cell as is naturally possible. To borrow the protection for your own body that the pine tree creates for its genetic lineage, you need to consume pine pollen!
Some Questions Pine Pollen Bioavailability
Straight from the tree, Pine Pollen is not completely digestible. The cell wall of Pine Pollen is difficult to digest. A very effective way to address this is to actually mechanically crack the cell wall. An even more effective way to unlock the life saving nutrients that Pine Pollen holds is to tincture it, or extract it in a solution of alcohol. Many companies that sell Pine Pollen offer neither the tinctured nor the cracked cell wall product. As a result, their customers are not receiving a quality superfood. There are however respectable companies that process their Pine Pollen products in these ways discussed.
Where To Get The Best Pine Pollen?
I have come to seriously appreciate companies that offer the highest value on the market. One such company, Surthrival, is definitely of my favorite health companies. Surthrival offers a quality of Pine Pollen that I always recommend. Their Pine Pollen comes available as both wild harvested cracked cell wall Pine Pollen powder OR tinctured with organic grape alcohol-(very rare quality!).